Terms & Conditions of Sale
Terms and Conditions apply unless otherwise stated in writing. For more information, please visit our website.
- Order minimum of 1 pallet, does not include the cost of shipping.
- Prices are FOB Origin (either MODERN CHEMICAL warehouse or when shipping direct from our vendor’s location).
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Prices billed will be those in effect at time of shipment.
- Open account: Net terms with credit approval which is subject to change based on payment history.
- Customers who wish to set up tax exempt status must provide a copy of their tax exemption certificate prior to order.
- Goods must have been purchased in the last 5 days.
- Private label items are not eligible for returns.
- No item shall be returned without proper return authorization.
- Unauthorized returns will be refused.
- Please contact your sales or customer service representative for an authorized RMA # to accompany the return.
- A 25% restocking fee will apply to all returns.
- All transportation charges for returned goods are the sole responsibility of the buyer and must be prepaid.
- Returned goods are subject to inspection and will not be considered for acceptance for credit unless they are in Seller’s sole discretion, “like new” condition and packaged as shipped by seller.
- Any open pallets/cases/cartons are not eligible for return.
- As stated in the Code of Federal Regulations 49, product and container compatibility is the sole responsibility of the buyer.
- MODERN CHEMICAL assumes no responsibility for these testing procedures and makes no representations as to product and container compatibility upon sampling or sale.
Shipping & Handling
- Unless otherwise agreed upon, all shipments are “FOB Origin” from either at MODERN CHEMICAL warehouse or when shipped direct from our supplier’s facility.
- FOB Origin – Freight Collect
- MODERN CHEMICAL responsibilities: none
- Buyer responsibilities: pays/bears freight charges to the carrier, owns goods while in transit, files lost & damaged claims directly with the carrier.
- FOB Origin – Freight Prepaid & Add
- MODERN CHEMICAL responsibilities: pays freight charges on behalf of the customer to the carrier.
- Buyer responsibilities: freight charges are added to the MODERN CHEMICAL invoice, owns goods while in transit, files lost & damaged claims directly with the carrier.
- FOB Origin – Freight Prepaid
- MODERN CHEMICAL responsibilities: pays/bears freight charges with carrier.
- Buyer responsibilities: Owns goods while in transit, files lost & damaged claims directly with the carrier.
- Pick-up orders: please allow 24-hour advance notification.